- (countable & uncountable) A diet is the food that an animal, person, or group usually eats.
- Several studies have suggested that high-fat diets can directly increase the risk of this cancer.
- Studies confirm that vegetarian is a healthful and balanced diet.
- I exercise, watch my diet and have good genes.
- A healthy diet should not exceed 30 percent fat per day.
- He was unhealthy thanks to poor diet and heavy smoking.
- (countable) A diet is a controlled set of foods chosen for health purposes.
- Oprah Winfrey wasn't the only celebrity who transformed her body through exercise and diet last year.
- He said he lost weight because of his new vegetarian diet.
- It's strange to see somebody at a movie buy jumbo popcorn and a huge diet coke.
- They demand that you start getting serious about both proper exercise and diet.
- She stuck to the strict diet for the first two weeks and her blood pressure came down.
- (countable) A diet of something is something your experience regularly, usually something negative.
- The Daily News has served up a steady diet of local news.
- (countable) A diet is a council of political leaders.
- (intransitive) If you diet, you limit the food you eat to lose weight.
- Weight lost by dieting alone almost never stays off.