Jump to navigation
Jump to search
- dark is part of the Basic English 850.
- If something is dark, is has no light.
- The cave is very dark.
- If something is dark, it is scary or not pleasant.
- World War II was a dark time in world history.
- (uncountable) Place where there is no light.
- Most humans are afraid of the dark.
- (uncountable) Late in the day, especially after sunset.
- Go and play with your friends, but be back before dark!
- (countable); (plural) Darks are clothes that are not light in color.