- (countable) A crisis is a situation that has become very bad or very dangerous and can have bad changes to security, economic, political, societal or environmental issues.
- The latest change in the hostage crisis came one day after Israel freed 51 prisoners from a jail in south Lebanon.
- This will be president's last trip to the Persian Gulf until the crisis has been resolved.
- The conditions of these people were extremely difficult and we faced really serious humanitarian crisis.
- The US financial system is in crisis.
- He has clear ideas about how to solve our energy crisis.
- (countable) A crisis is a serious emotional problem.
- My high school friends thought I was confused, that I was having an identity crisis.
- My dad quit his job. I think he's going through a midlife crisis.