Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈkɒn.vət/ or [ˈkʰɒɱ.vət]
- (US) enPR: kŏn'vûrt, IPA (key): /ˈkɑn.vɚt/ or [ˈkʰɑɱ.vɚt]
Audio (US) (file)
- (UK) IPA (key): /kənˈvɜːt/ or [kʰə̥ɱˈvɜːt]
- (US) enPR: kənvûrt', IPA (key): /kənˈvɝt/ or [kʰə̥ɱˈvɝt]
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive & intransitive) If you convert something, you change it so that it has a different function or form.
- They wanted to convert the room into a study.
- The factory was powered originally by water, then converted to steam in 1811.
- The electric engine is extremely efficient at converting electrical energy into movement.