Jump to navigation Jump to search
Convention is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- A convention is a large meeting of a specific group or for a specific purpose.
- There's a doctor's convention in town this week and all the hotels are full.
- The garden show will be at the convention centre.
- A convention is an international agreement the controls how countries behave.
- This action goes against the European Convention on Human Rights.
- In my culture, a convention is to eat raw fish.
- (countable & uncountable) A convention is a particular way of acting or a particular belief of a group of people.
- By convention, people in North America drive on the right hand side of the road.
- There are a set of conventions that every member must observe.