Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌkənˈvɛnʃən/ or /ˈkɒnˌvɛnʃən/, SAMPA: /%k@n"vEnS@n/ or /"kQn%vEnS@n/
Audio (US) (file)
- A convention is a large meeting of a specific group or for a specific purpose.
- There's a doctor's convention in town this week and all the hotels are full.
- The garden show will be at the convention centre.
- A convention is an international agreement the controls how countries behave.
- This action goes against the European Convention on Human Rights.
- In my culture, a convention is to eat raw fish.
- (countable & uncountable) A convention is a particular way of acting or a particular belief of a group of people.
- By convention, people in North America drive on the right hand side of the road.
- There are a set of conventions that every member must observe.