- enPR: kŏn'sŭlt or kənsŭlt'
- (UK) IPA: /ˈkɒnsʌlt/ or /kənˈsʌlt/, SAMPA: /"kQnsVlt/ or /k@n"sVlt/
- (US) IPA: /ˈkɑnsʌlt/, SAMPA: /"kAnsVlt/
Audio (US) (file)
- (US): A visit or a consultation.
- I have a consult with a sleep specialist this afternoon.
- (old, no longer used): The act of consulting or the results of that consultation;.
- The council broke; And all grave consults dissolved in smoke. -Dryden.
- (old, no longer used): A council; a meeting for consultation.
- A consult of coquettes. -Swift.
- (old, no longer used): Agreement; concert.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you consult with someone, you ask them their opinion or for advice.
- I think it would be a good idea to consult a doctor about the pain.
- (transitive) If you consult a dictionary, the web, a phone book, etc., you look there for information.