Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) Comfort is a feeling in your body that there are no problems.
- Enjoying the comfort of his own bed, he soon fell asleep.
- This temperature may be too cold for comfort in a regularly used living room.
- (uncountable) If you give comfort, you help someone to feel better.
- Though it is a difficult time, you can at least take comfort in the fact that you are not alone.
- He thought that he should touch her and offer her comfort.
- (countable) A comfort is something that makes you feel good.
- The comforts of home are not available when you're camping.
- (transitive) If you comfort a person or animal, you help them to feel better.
- Jane tried to comfort Flora by telling her about her own problems at school.
- The night was dark, but the child was comforted by the sound of the TV in the other room.