Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A column is a support that is standing up and is built to support something, usually on a building.
- The White House was built with several columns' on the front side of the building to help support the building and prevent it from falling down.
- (countable) A column is a line of items in a table that goes from top to bottom.
- The title of the second column in the table is "Population in 2009".
- (countable) A column is a body of troops that are strung out along a road.
- (countable) A column is a body of text in a newspaper that goes from top to bottom.
- (line of items in table): row