Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A clip is a small item to hold things on to another.
- We need more clips to hang the laundry.
- (countable) Clip is another word for video.
- The clip that we saw just now was very touching.
- (countable) A clip is a container that is attached to a gun and holds the bullets for the gun, to be inserted into the magazine. Bullets leave the clip and go into the gun for firing.
- (transitive) To use a clipper to hold something tightly.
- It is important to clip your laundry properly on a windy day.
- If you clip something, you cut it with scissors or shears.
- She clipped my hair with her scissors.
- (computing) If you clip a video, you process it by removing a certain, usually wanted, part of the video.
- He clipped the part of the video where it shows nothing.