Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bulk is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (uncountable) The bulk of something is the largest part of it.
- The bulk of the shipment was headed for Toronto.
- The great bulk of crime has always involved stealing of one kind or another.
- (uncountable) Someone or something's bulk is its size or amount, especially if it is large.
- She took a deep breath, and, enormously grateful for the solid bulk of Leo at her back, she stepped inside.
- (uncountable) If you sell something in bulk, it is not individually packaged.
- I usually buy nuts at the bulk food store.
- (uncountable) If you buy something in bulk, you buy large amounts.
- The store offers discounts for buying in bulk.
- (countable) A bulk is an item that is moved about like cargo.
- If something bulks, it appears to be big in size.
- If you bulk something, you increase its' size; you expand it.