Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) The basis of something, is the main ideas or parts that it is built on.
- On the basis of the information available, we have decided to cancel the project.
- There is no basis for believing that he was killed.
- Her experiences in Cambodia formed the basis for her first book.
- (countable) If something happens on a regular/daily/weekly etc. basis, it happens regularly, daily, etc.
- The problems are now happening on a very regular basis.
- If we are on a first-name basis, we use first names when speaking to each other.
- Josie Parkinson and I are on a first-name basis. I call her "Josie" when I see her.