- (US) (UK) enPR: bāʹsĭk-(ə)lē, IPA (key): /ˈbeɪ.sɪk.(ə)li/
en-us-basically.ogg [[File:|noicon|175px]] ([[:File:|file]])
- You use basically to emphasize that what you are saying covers the most important parts of a topic, even if it's not 100% correct.
- We can talk about the details later, but basically, I need you here every day at 9:00.
- If something is described as basically the case, then it is the way it can be most simply described.
- So, you're basically saying that it was wrong to leave.