Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /ʌ.pri.ʃiˈeɪ.ʃən/
- (countable & uncountable); (singular) An appreciation of something is the ability to see it's value and understand it.
- He now has a far greater appreciation of dogs and the people who handle them professionally.
- The problems may have been due to a lack of appreciation of the different cultures.
- Art appreciation can be learned, but it is very difficult to teach.
- (uncountable) Appreciation is the feeling of being thankful.
- I just wanted to send you this card to show my appreciation for your kindness last week.
- "You look lovely," he said, and she laughed with appreciation.
- (countable & uncountable); (singular) Appreciation is the rise in value of something.
- The appreciation of the Japanese yen against the US dollar has helped the American automobile industry.