Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Cardinal: zero|
- (AU) (US) enPR: zē'rō, IPA (key): /ˈzir.oʊ/, SAMPA: /"zir\.oU/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈzɪə.rəʊ/, SAMPA: /"zI@.r\@U/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ze‧ro
- (number) (indefinite) (count) Zero is a count of nothing. It is often written 0.
- Synonym: nought
- It's zero degrees.
- (number) (indefinite) (non-count) Zero
- Synonym: no
- I have zero coffee left.
- The symbol for the number zero, that is "0."
- The new job added a zero to my pay, from $20,000 to $200,000.
- (slang) A person or thing that is worth nothing.
- I'm not inviting him, he's total zero.
- To zero is to make a small change to reset a piece of equipment.
- I had to zero the counter on my tape player.
- To zero in is to make small changes that bring you closer to something.
- I was able to zero in on the source of bad smell in the shed.