Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Aus, US) enPR: zē'rō, IPA: /ˈziɹ.oʊ/, SAMPA: /"zir\.oU/
- (UK) IPA: /ˈzɪə.ɹəʊ/, SAMPA: /"zI@.r\@U/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ze‧ro
- (number) Zero is a count of nothing. It is often written 0.
- Synonym: nought
- One minus one is zero (1 - 1 = 0).
- The symbol for the number zero, that is "0."
- The new job added a zero to my pay, from $20,000 to $200,000.
- (slang) A person or thing that is worth nothing.
- I'm not inviting him, he's total zero.
- To zero is to make a small change to reset a piece of equipment.
- I had to zero the counter on my tape player.
- To zero in is to make small changes that bring you closer to something.
- I was able to zero in on the source of bad smell in the shed.