Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /nəʊ/, SAMPA: /n@U/
- (US) IPA (key): /noʊ̯/, SAMPA: /noU/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Homophone(s): know
- used to disagree or refuse (not accept).
- No, I do not fish.
- I'm I ready? No, I still have some things to do first.
- (definite) Not any.
- There is no water left.
- No hot dogs were sold yesterday.
- (definite) Not any possibility or allowance of (doing something).
- No smoking
- There's no stopping her once she gets going.
- (definite) Not; not properly, not really; not fully.
- My mother's no fool.
- Working nine to five every day is no life.