Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (AUS) IPA: /wɔt/, SAMPA: /wOt/
- (UK) IPA: /ʍɒt/ or /wɒt/, SAMPA: /WQt/ or /wQt/
- (US) IPA: /wʌt/ or /ʍʌt/, SAMPA: /wVt/ or /WVt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (question) What is used to ask for information about things.
- What did you see?
- What do you mean?
- (relative) What is used to add a clause with more information.
- I don't know what you mean.
- I'll tell you what to do.
- I'll see what I can do to help.
- (relative) What is used when you want to describe something instead of naming it.
- Take what you can find.
- Can I see what you did?
- I could change it if that's what you want.
- (question) What is used to ask about the member(s) of a group.
- What book did you buy?
- (relative) What is used to add a clause to identify the member(s) of a group.
- I don't know what problems you mean.
- I'll tell you what button to push.
- I'll see what food I can give.
- (exclamation) used to show that you feel strongly about something.
- What a great book this is!