Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (AU)} IPA (key): /wɔt/, SAMPA: /wOt/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ʍɒt/ or /wɒt/, SAMPA: /WQt/ or /wQt/
- (US) IPA (key): /wʌt/ or /ʍʌt/, SAMPA: /wVt/ or /WVt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (question) What is used to ask for information about things.
- What did you see?
- What do you mean?
- (question) What is used to add a clause with more information.
- I don't know what you mean.
- I'll tell you what to do.
- I'll see what I can do to help.
- (relative) The thing(s) which: a small amount of something.
- Take what you can find.
- What you made was great.
- I am what I am.
- The city is not what it used to be.
- They kept blaming him for what he had done.
- (question) What is used to ask about the member(s) of a group.
- What book did you buy?
- (relative) What is used to talk about the member(s) of a group.
- What gifts you can give are appreciated.
- What ideas he has to offer are likely to be half-baked.
- I gave him what money I had.
- (exclamation) used to show that you feel strongly about something.
- What a great book this is!