Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈɛn.i.θɪŋ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈɛ.nɪ.θɪŋ/ or /ˈɛ.ni.θɪŋ/
- (AU) IPA (key): /ˈɛ.nə.θɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: an‧y‧thing
- (indefinite) (singular) Any one of all things. You use this when there is no limit to what might be meant. You might be able to change "anything" to any other word.
- Antonym: nothing
- I'll do anything you want.
- Is there anything he has not done?
- I don't have anything left.
- Anything is not like a pronoun. It has no reflexive form and no different subject or object forms. It even uses the possessive 's of common nouns. For this reason, some people consider it to be a compound determiner.