Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈwɛlˌfɛə/, SAMPA: /"wEl%fE@/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈwɛlˌfɛɚ/, SAMPA: /"wEl%fE@`/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (uncountable) Someone's welfare is their health, safety, and other things the make them happy.
- Children need to exercise each day, for both their physical and psychological welfare.
- This group has tried to promote the welfare of old people throughout the United Kingdom.
- It is clear that the issues the environment and animal welfare have become very important recently.
- Few countries have the same level of social welfare that we have in Canada.
- (US); (uncountable) Welfare is money paid by the government to poor people.
- The government is reviewing the welfare benefits which single parents receive.
- He lost his job and his home and has had to go on welfare.