Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) The volume of sound or music is how loud it is.
- Teens listening to their MP3 players at high volume can damage their hearing.
- Hey! Turn down the volume. It's too loud.
- (countable & uncountable) The volume of something is the amount of it.
- The traffic volume on Ontario highways jumped 12% last year.
- The story usually experiences a high customer volume around Christmas.
- (countable) The volume of a material or a container is the amount of space it takes.
- The volume of water of a typical shower is about 43 litres.
- Use of newer cars can reduce the volume of CO produced.
- (countable) A volume is a book, magazine, or other printed material, usually part of a series.
- He has published a second volume of autobiography, in which he deals with his years as a student.
- The research can be found in the most recent volume of The Canadian Journal of Language and Linguistics.