Jump to navigation Jump to search
Series is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable); (singular) A series of events, meetings, experiments, etc. is several of them that happen one after the other and are related.
- Three weeks ago troops and helicopters launched a series of attacks on Kurds in the region.
- There has been a series of changes at the newspaper that began with the new editor.
- The school will be hosting a series of lectures relating to poverty.
- A TV or Radio series is a number of programs usually with the same setting and characters.
- A series is a sporting event in which many teams compete for a championship.
- Tonight is the final game of the Stanley Cup series.
- (technical) If something is connected in series, electricity passes through each point before going to the next point.