Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /vəʊˈkabjʊlərɪ/ or /vəˈkabjʊlərɪ/
- (US) IPA (key): /voʊˈkæbjəlɛri/ or /vəˈkæbjəlɛri/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: vo‧cab‧u‧lary
- (countable) A person's vocabulary is the words that person knows.
- Synonym: lexicon
- Reading will help you increase your vocabulary.
- At about 18 months most children have a vocabulary of about 50 words.
- (uncountable) Vocabulary is words with their meanings, especially to be studied.
- There's too much new vocabulary, and I had a hard time understanding it.
- We learned 10 new vocabulary words today.
- (countable) A vocabulary is the set of particular words used by a group of people or for a specialized area.
- We use the vocabulary of network science in this article.
- (countable) A vocabulary is the particular methods and techniques that artists and other people use to express their ideas.
- As a photographer, he uses a vocabulary of lines and angles.