Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈvɜːtɪkəl/, SAMPA: /"v3:tIk@l/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈvɝtɪkəl/, SAMPA: /"v3`tIk@l/
audio (US) (file)
- A line that is upright is called a vertical.
- The fully upright position is the vertical.
- The builder used a string to make sure the frame was on the vertical.
- When the plane lands all seats should be on the vertical.
- Something that is standing straight is vertical. In a vertical direction means straight up or down.
- The radio mast was vertical on the horizon.
- A vertical shaft went down to the mine.
- Vertical stripes on a shirt make a person look thinner.