Jump to navigation Jump to search
Validity is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- Hyphenation: va‧lid‧i‧ty
- (uncountable) The validity of a licence, ticket, document, etc. depends on whether it is official and acceptable.
- The validity of a passport depends on who carries it.
- (uncountable) The validity of evidence, a statement, a reason, etc. is the level to which it is true or reasonable.
- Due to the doubts about the validity of the evidence presented, the case cannot go forward.
- (uncountable) In testing, the validity of a test is the level to which it is tests what it is supposed to test.
- The validity of many IQ tests has been questioned.
- (countable) A validity is a quality of measurement that shows the degree by which the measurement reflects the thing beneath it.