- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌʌndəˈɡraʊnd/ or /ˈʌndəɡraʊnd/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˌʌndɚˈɡraʊnd/ or /ˈʌndɚɡraʊnd/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: un‧der‧ground
- of or about being under the ground
- Underground water is drying up.
- secret or not well known
- The underground music scene is really interesting.
- Underground drug sales have increased over the last year.
- being or moving under the ground
- Let's go underground. It's safer down there.
- The new trains will run underground.
- If you go underground, you keep your activities secret.
- The underground is a system of trains that runs mostly under the ground.
- Synonym: subway
- The London underground is a great way to move about the city.