- (transitive) If you treat someone in a certain way, you act that way towards them.
- I hate it when my teacher treats me like a child.
- He always treated her badly. No wonder she left him!
- (transitive) If you treat an illness or injury, you do things to make it better.
- The doctor couldn't treat my finger until he saw the X-ray.
- After the accident 29 people were treated in hospital for minor injuries.
- (transitive) If you treat something, you put something on it or do something to it protect or clean it.
- The woods was treated with chemicals before being made into paper.
- A treat is something nice that you don't get often.
- The occasional trip to a swimming pool is a real treat for most families.
- The children had a special treat of ice cream and cake.