Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Thirst is the feeling that you want to drink.
- She took a long drink to ease her thirst.
- All that work has given me a thirst.
- (uncountable) Thirst is the state of not having enough to drink.
- When the river stopped running, the animals began to die of thirst.
- During the war, many suffered from hunger and thirst.
- (countable) If you have a thirst for something, you want a lot of it regularly.
- Synonym: hunger
- Their thirst for knowledge was too much for the small school library.