Jump to navigation Jump to search
Subsidiary is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- A subsidiary is a company that is owned by a larger company.
- This company owns three subsidiaries that make different kinds of machines.
- If something is subsidiary, it is connected, but lower in importance, rank, or level, etc.
- Surprisingly, the subsidiary company became more successful than the parent company.
- At some point work became subsidiary to music for her.