Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Is something is stark, it is plain and undecorated, often in a cold or unpleasant way.
- All the leaves were gone now, leaving the tree stark and bare.
- The house was bare and empty with stark, white walls.
- A stark contrast, difference, reminder, etc. is simple and clear, often in a cold or unpleasant way.
- The contrast between rich and poor is even more stark in health outcomes.
- The deaths are a stark reminder of how much family violence there is in the city.