Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (proprietary name): SPAM
- (uncountable) (internet) Spam refers to random messages on the Internet. If you receive many messages that advertise things or were sent without you asking for them, you are getting spam.
- Synonyms: junk mail and advertising
- There are many online computer programs that send spam to users.
- (countable) (rare) (internet) A spam is a single random message. A single occurrence of spam.
- He received 65 spams to his e-mail account yesterday.
- (proprietary name) Other spelling of SPAM.
- (transitive) (internet) If you spam someone, you send many random electronic messages (spam) to that person.
- I hate it when people spam my forum.
- (intransitive) (internet) If you spam, you send spam.
- I don't like the guy who spams people every day.