Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A southern place, accent, person, etc. is in, from, or about the south.
- The money helps everyone from a grocer in southern Lebanon to a farmer in Tajikistan.
- My grandmother moved to southern California to live with my aunt.
- Her soft, southern accent reminded him of warm summer nights.
- Recently, elephants have done well in southern Africa.
- She remembered a summer afternoon swimming off the family compound at the southern tip of Taiwan.
- Each year, millions of Mexicans cross that southern border from Mexico into the United States.
- Dire Dawa is located on the southern edge of the Rift Valley at the foot of the Harrar Mountains.
- Jupiter lies fairly low in the southern sky after dusk.