Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) In many areas, such as the UK, Australia, India, and Singapore, a solicitor is a type of lawyer who offers legal services to clients outside of court.
- I have instructed my solicitor to sell the house to any interested party.
- If in doubt, consult an accountant or solicitor about the various taxes involved.
- The rules are relevant to solicitors practising in partnership in England and Wales.
- On 4 August, solicitors acting on behalf of the relatives wrote to the judge.
- The court had no clear evidence that the copy was sent to the defendants' solicitors.
- Such a rule would prevent solicitors from handling the client's case from start to finish.
- On the solicitor's advice, we have decided to proceed.
- Are you represented by a solicitor?
- (countable) A solicitor is someone trying to sell things, especially door to door.
- Don't answer the door. It's just another solicitor.