Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable); (mainly British); (slang) A sod is somebody you don't like, usually a man.
- I'm not having these silly old sods coming to the party. No way!
- Shut up. You little sod.
- (countable); (mainly British); (slang) A sod is a person, usually a man.
- He's not had much sleep though, poor sod.
- (uncountable) Sod is a layer of earth with grass growing in it.
- By the time I came along there was little of such unturned prairie sod In Falrweather Township.
- We encourage residents to conserve water by planting ground covers instead of laying sod.