Third person singular
- When you shoot, you use a weapon to throw something at a very fast speed at someone or something.
- The man, in a desperate bid for freedom, grabbed his gun and started shooting anyone he could.
- When you shoot something, you photograph or film something.
- At the zoo, I like to shoot many pictures of the animals.
- The film was mostly shot in France.
- The shoot is the stem or bud of a plant.
- The seed I planted yesterday got a tiny shoot.
- (informal) A less offensive way of saying shit.
- Oh shoot!