Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (linking) The way something seems to be is the way you think it is when you look at it, hear about it, think about it, etc.
- It seems unlikely that they will remember your name after meeting you once.
- As odd as it may seem, the girl's best friend is an eighty year old man.
- It was a terrible night, but somehow it doesn't seem so bad this morning.
- It is still raining on him, but he doesn't seem to notice.
- The bad smells did not seem to bother them.
- The young man seemed to have forgotten all his promises.
- They really seemed to be enjoying what they were doing.
- The changes seem to suggest that the police have new information.
- It seems to me that we ought to try again.
- It seemed like forever, but I think it got there in about 12 to 15 minutes.
- It seemed like a crazy idea; it had never been done before.
- You seem like a very nice guy.
- The very air he was breathing seemed as if it were on fire.