Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈskəʊp/, SAMPA: /"sk@Up/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈskoʊp/, SAMPA: /"skoUp/
Audio (US) (file)
- (uncountable) The scope of a book, a law, a duty, etc. is how much is includes or how far it can go.
- The small budget has limited the scope of the research.
- There are plans to expand the scope of the department's activities.
- This kind of art allows the greatest scope for individual expression.
- It is not within the scope of this book to talk about them all.
- (countable) A scope is an instrument for looking at things, e.g., a telescope or a microscope.
- (transitive) If you scope something (out), you look at it carefully.
- I scoped out the place last week. It seems nice.