Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈrɛvənjuː/
- (US) enPR: rĕvʹə-n(y)o͞oʹ, IPA (key): /ˈrɛvəˌn(j)u/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation (UK): rev‧en‧ue, (US): rev‧e‧nue, rev‧enue
- (uncountable) Revenue is the money that a business receives for doing business, and government receives from taxes.
- Higher oil prices should raise government revenue by 13%.
- Individual taxpayers today provide a bigger share of our tax revenues than they did before.
- The company earned 20% of its revenues from services such as consulting, software and management.
- The City is happy because a new source of revenue has been located.