Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive & intransitive) If you recruit people, you try to get them to come and work or study with you or to join your group.
- The university will actively recruit good students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- The military is struggling to recruit, to retain and to prepare for future conflicts.
- The church is recruiting volunteers to work with families to prevent child abuse.
- A total of 85 participants aged 23-97 were recruited.
- There is a national effort to recruit and train additional teachers.
- Until recently it was rare for professional basketball teams to recruit players directly from high school.
- Many employers are recruiting skilled foreign workers.
- (countable) A recruit is a person who has recently joined a company or organization.
- New recruits go through a ten-day training session.