Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) If you engage in an activity, you do it.
- My broken foot left me with few athletic activities that I could engage in.
- Most of the men did not engage in casual sex.
- Both employees engaged in behavior that didn't belong in the workplace.
- Should United States forces engage in fighting in these situations?
- (transitive) If you engage somebody, you get and keep their attention.
- Teachers are always thinking of ways to engage students.
- (transitive) (formal) If you engage somebody, you hire them.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you engage a part of a machine, you make it contact another part so that they both move.
- He reaches up and throws a red-handled lever to engage the black iron gears.
- (transitive & intransitive) If an army engages an enemy, they start fighting.