Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA: /ɹɪˈbɛli.ən/
- (uncountable) Armed resistance to an established government or ruler.
- The government is doing its best to stop rebellion in the country.
- (countable) Defiance of authority or control; the act of rebeling.
- Having a tattoo was Mathilda's personal rebellion against her parents.
- (countable) An organized, forceful subversion of the law of the land in an attempt to replace it with another form of government.
- The army general led a successful rebellion and became president of the country.