Jump to navigation Jump to search
- experience is part of the Basic English 850.
- IPA: /ɪkˈspɪə.ri.ens/, SAMPA: /Ik"spI@.rI.Ens/
- IPA: /ɪksˈpɪɹiəns/, SAMPA: /Iks"pIr\i@ns/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) An experience is an event that happens to you or that you are a part of.
- The spelling bee was a horrible experience.
- (uncountable) Experience is the amount of time you have been doing something (especially, a job).
- He has ten years of experience in law.
- (amount of time) inexperience
- If I experience something, it happens to me or I am involved in it.