Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA (key): /ɪkˈspɪə.ri.ens/, SAMPA: /Ik"spI@.rI.Ens/
- IPA (key): /ɪksˈpɪriəns/, SAMPA: /Iks"pIr\i@ns/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: ex‧pe‧ri‧ence
- (countable) An experience is an event that happens to you or that you are a part of.
- The spelling bee was a horrible experience.
- (uncountable) Experience is the amount of time you have been doing something (especially, a job).
- Antonym: inexperience
- He has ten years of experience in law.