Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A quotation is a sentence or phrase that was said by someone and is now being used or referred to by somebody else. Quotations can be from books, movies, speeches, television shows, songs, etc.
- This chapter began with a quotation from Monica Furlong.
- Consider the following quotation from the Bible: Job 16:18: "O earth, cover not thou my blood."
- (uncountable) Quotation is the act of using somebody else's exact words.
- (commerce); (countable) A quotation is a report of the cost or value of something.