Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: pro‧tag‧o‧nist
- (countable) In a literary work or drama, the protagonist is the main character.
- I was rooting for the protagonist of the book.
- (countable) A protagonist is a leading person in a contest; a major performer.
- The event was canceled because the protagonist couldn't come.
- (countable) A protagonist can be someone who recommends a cause or course of action.
- There were no protagonists at the meeting so nothing got done.