Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A priority is something that is important; you want to do it first or spend more time or money on it than other things.
- Learning the language is a high priority for all people who move to the country.
- The nineteen national priority areas will receive 70 per cent of the funding.
- (uncountable) If something has or is given priority, it should go before other things.
- The Government needs to give a higher priority to the quality of life.
- Teachers need to give priority to science over less important subjects.