Jump to navigation Jump to search
Potential is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (usually before the noun) A potential customer, benefit, problem, etc. is one that might happen in the future.
- Realistic goals can then be set to prevent potential problems from becoming actual ones.
- To grow, a business must identify potential customers and their needs.
- (uncountable) If has potential for , then it's might change toward or cause .
- Technology has the potential for improvement as well as for harm.
- (uncountable) If something has or shows potential, they will likely be very good in the future.
- (countable & uncountable); (electronics) The potential is the difference in voltage between two points on an electrical circuit.