Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also Pat
- (transitive) If you pat something, you touch it gently a number of times with your open hand.
- Rinse the meat with water then pat dry.
- "You're good people, too, Agnes." He reached over an patted her shoulder. "Don't worry."
- She held the baby close to her chest and gently patted his back.
- He patted his pocket, looking for cigarettes.
- The dog relaxed as as he scratched her ears and patted her head.
Related words and phrases[change]
- A gentle touch or tap.
- The sound made by the gentle touch.