Jump to navigation Jump to search
Paradigm is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- A system of beliefs, ideas, values, and habits that is a way of thinking about the real world.
- At the time, this way of thinking was the dominant paradigm for social scientists.
- A paradigm is an example, model or pattern, especially the most basic or central one.
- For fifteen centuries Aristotle remained the paradigm of knowledge itself.
- It provides paradigms of action and role models through which we interpret `real life'.
- (Grammar) A paradigm is the set of all word forms.
- The complete paradigm for boy is: boy, boy’s, boys, boys’, boyish.