- If something (or someone) is pagan, it is from a kind of religion called paganism.
- (often offensive or derogatory) Relating to a religion that is not a major religion; often anything non-Christian, non-Judaic and non-Islamic.
- (by extension) Immoral, uncivilized, savage, heathen.
- A pagan is someone who follows paganism or a polytheistic religion.
- (often offensive or derogatory) A person who doesn't follow a major religion; often used to refer to non-Christians, non-Jews and non-Muslims.
- (by extension) Someone who is immoral, uncivilized, savage, or a heathen.