Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˌɒp.əˈtjuː.nɪ.ti/, SAMPA: /%Qp.@"tju:.nI.ti/
- (US) enPR: ä'pər-to͞oʹnə-tē, IPA (key): /ˌɑpɚˈtunəti/, SAMPA: /%Ap@`"tun@ti/
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) An opportunity is a time, place, or situation in which something can happen, usually something good.
- Sleep provides an opportunity for the body to repair itself.
- The sun was warm, so I took the opportunity for a long walk in the park.
- Fans will have the opportunity to see the top players on Monday.
- Today, anyone can come for free, so don't miss this great opportunity.
- This is a workplace that provides equal opportunity for all.
- In the poor economy, there are decreasing employment opportunities.