- (countable) An occasion is a particular time.
- Often she had to rush home on occasions when she might have preferred to stay out.
- He met her on several occasions while a student in Germany.
- (countable) An occasion is a good time to do something.
- The visit to Ottawa was a good occasion for us to get together.
- (countable) An occasion is a special time or event.
- Nov 12 is a happy occasion. It is my 25th wedding anniversary.
- a good opportunity or chance
- (transitive) If occasions , causes .
- Now we come to the problems that have occasioned this meeting.