(plural only; not used in singular form)
- (countable), (mathematics) In statistics, the odds are the chance something will happen divided by the chance it will not happen:
- If "p" is the chance it will happen:
- The odds something will not happen:
- What are the odds of winning in this game?
- The odds of rolling a six are one in five, or 1 / 5.
- (countable), (informal) The odds of something happening is the chance it will happen.
- I don't like the odds here.
- The odds of rolling a six are one in six, or 1 / 6.
- (informal) probability